(1969, Ranchi, India) – On several occasions I have said that sadvipras are those who follow the principles of Yama and Niyama – the principles of spiritual morality – and are devoted to the Supreme Consciousness. People will recognize sadvipras by their exemplary conduct, selfless service, dutifulness and moral integrity. Only sadvipras can serve all human beings selflessly and lead others along the path of all-round advancement. These sadvipras – those who follow a correct philosophy of life and practice a correct system of sádhaná or spiritual practices – will be the leaders of the society in the future.
Today democracy is the most preferred system of government throughout the world, but democracy is not an ideal system because it is full of loopholes. Intelligent people have already started working to overcome these short-comings. In the present world PROUT supports restricted democracy, because in the future a better system of government will be evolved.
What is that better system of government? According to PROUT, the rule of sadvipras is the ideal form of leadership. The establishment of Sadvipra leadership will require the systematic and rational application of PROUT by the collective effort of many highly intelligent people. Sadvipra rule cannot be established by blind physical force or idle intellectual extravaganza.
Sadvipras will fight ceaselessly against all corruption and exploitation – they will wage a never-ending struggle against immorality and fissiparous tendencies. The fullest possibilities for the establishment of peace and human progress lie only in the collective endeavours of the sadvipras.
Democracy can not solve human problems because in a democracy one particular class gets the scope to dominate the society while the other classes are deprived of their freedom. To ensure the all-round welfare of the society, the benevolent dictatorship of sadvipras is an absolute necessity. Sadvipras alone can represent the genuine aspirations of the people.
What form will the benevolent dictatorship of the sadvipras take? PROUT supports centralization of political power and decentralization of economic power, but centralization of political power does not mean centralization in one person or one institution. Sadvipras shall elect and form several boards consisting of persons who are conversant and experienced in the various branches of administration. These boards will include the following:
1) The Supreme Board of Sadvipras: The Supreme Board of Sadvipras shall be an elected body of Sadvipras. It shall be the supreme body for framing policy and supervising the functions of different other boards in society.
2) The Legislative Board of Sadvipras: The Legislative Board of Sadvipras shall consist of those sadvipras who are experienced in the work of legislation. It shall frame laws according to the principles of PROUT and the policies laid down by the Supreme Board of Sadvipras.
3) The Executive Board of Sadvipras: The Executive Board of Sadvipras shall consist of those sadvipras who are experienced in the work of administration. It shall be responsible for getting the policies and laws framed by the Legislative Board of Sadvipras materialized. It shall supervise the work of selecting and nominating the personnel who shall be employed in the bureaucracy. It shall also supervise the work of the various sub-boards established for different branches of the administration.
4) The Judicial Board of Sadvipras: The Judicial Board of Sadvipras shall be elected by Sadvipras and consist of those Sadvipras who are experienced in the work of the judiciary. It shall frame the rules and procedures for the appointment of judges and different personnel of the judiciary.
5) Sub-boards of Sadvipras for various branches of the administration: Sub-boards of Sadvipras shall be appointed by sadvipras and shall consist of those sadvipras who are experts in the respective branch of the administration. The lists of names for the representatives of the sub-boards shall be prepared by the Executive Board of Sadvipras and forwarded to the Legislative Board of Sadvipras. The Legislative Board of Sadvipras shall recommend the list, after amendments if necessary, to the Supreme Board of Sadvipras. The Supreme Board of Sadvipras shall finally approve this list.
However, if the Supreme Board of Sadvipras does not approve the list, it will send the list back to the Legislative Board of Sadvipras with amendments if necessary. In this case, the Legislative Board of Sadvipras shall either send the list back to the Supreme Board of Sadvipras after accepting the amendments, or send their own opinion again to the Supreme Board of Sadvipras.
The Supreme Board of Sadvipras shall be the final authority, so it will make the final decision concerning the appointment of the members of the sub-boards.
From Prout in a Nutshell Volume 4 Part 18
One thought on “Sadvipra Boards”
Hello how are you
What are you doing